About The Program
M.Sc. in Pharmaceutical Chemistry is a 2 year Postgraduate Course in Pharmaceutical Chemistry which includes the study of drugs and drug development. The discipline includes concepts and processes of drug discovery, delivery, absorption, metabolism etc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry also involves elements of Biomedical Analysis, Pharmacology, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics.
Pharmaceutical Chemistry-related work is usually based on lab settings. The course components include an advanced study of Drug-based cures and remedies for disease, Analytical techniques, Pharmacology and Metabolism, Quality Assurance and Drug Chemistry, Development of life-saving remedies, Enhancement of the speed of delivery of new medications.
Such postgraduates can work in the various capacities like Scientists, Professors, Researchers, Research Executives, Quality Control & Quality Assurance Analyst, Scientific Data Entry Specialist, Patent Analyst, Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst, etc.
- For Admission in M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry: Candidates shall have B.Sc. (Medical/Non-Medical) with an aggregate of 50% from a College or University recognized by the UGC with Chemistry as one of the compulsory subject.
- Eligibility for B.Pharmacy Graduates: B.Pharmacy candidates shall have a pass from the PCI approved College or University with an aggregate of 50%.
- 2 years (4 semesters)
Course Structure for M.Sc. Pharmaceutical Chemistry Year I Semester - I Semester - II
- Organic Chemistry-I
- Quantitative Analytical Methods
- Basic Pharmacology
- Basic Computers
- Soft Skills
- Organic Chemistry-I Practical
- Quantitative Analytical Methods Practical
- Medicinal Chemistry-I
- Advanced Analytical Techniques -I
- Chemistry of Natural Products
- Soft Skills
- Chemistry of Natural Products Practical
- Advanced Analytical Techniques -I Practical
Year II Semester - III Semester - IV
- Fundamentals of QA & QC
- Advanced Analytical Techniques -II
- Drug Delivery System & Biopharmaceutics
- Advanced Analytical Techniques -II Practical
- Minor Project
- Industrial Training/Project Work in the Institute
- Max. Marks: 400 (Thesis: 200 and Viva- voce and Presentation: 200)