About The Program
The M.Sc. program is a 2-year, four semesters, full time, campus based program. The program is structured to enable the students to improve their intellectual and laboratory skills. The program emphasizes the development for industrial applications and to pursue academic research.
- Pass in B.Sc. (Non-Med) or BA with mathematics with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Two years (Four semesters)
- The M.Sc. program covered in four semesters spread over two years. Students are also required to undergo Dissertation / Project in second year.
- For graduates who wish to specialize in a particular area of science, the University offers Master of Science program in three subjects with specialization in respective fields.
M.Sc in Mathematics
with specialization in Special functions and Fluid Dynamics.
Final year graduate students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
M.Sc Mathematics Program Structure Year I Semester - I Semester - II
- Real analysis
- Advanced Algebra-I
- Ordinary Differential equation
- Fluid Dynamics
- Computational Techniques
- Real Analysis-II
- Advanced Algebra-II
- Partial Differential Equations
- Classical Mechanics
- Solid Mechanics
Year II Semester - III Semester - IV
- Complex Analysis
- Mathematical Statistics
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Operations Research
- Magneto Fluid Dynamics
- Elective III
- Elective IV
Elective IAnalytic Number Theory / Differential Geometry
Elective IIMathematical Theory of Plasticity/Theory of Creep deformation
Elective IIIFunctional Analysis/Advanced Discrete Mathematics
Elective IVComputational Methods for Differential Equations /Linear Algebra & Differential Equations