|Last Date for submission of completed Application Form||July 26, 2021|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University, Himachal Pradesh for Interview, submission of certificates and verification by producing originals.||July 26-30, 2021|
|Admission Decision after scrutiny of documents.||July 30, 2021|
|Commencement of Classes||August 02, 2021|
About The Program
The M.Sc. program is a 2-year, four semesters, full time, campus based program. The program is structured to enable the students to improve their intellectual and laboratory skills. The program emphasizes the development for industrial applications and to pursue academic research.
- Pass in B.Sc Med/Non Med, with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- 2 years
- The M.Sc. program covered in four semesters spread over two years. Students are also required to undergo Dissertation / Project in second year. For graduates who wish to specialize in a particular area of science, the University offers Master of Science program in three subjects with specialization in respective fields.
M.Sc in Chemistry
with specialization in Organic, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry
M.Sc in Physics
with specialization in Laser Physics and Semiconductor Electronics.
M.Sc in Mathematics
with specialization in Special functions and Fluid Dynamics.
Final year graduate students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
M.Sc Chemistry Program Structure Year I Semester - I Semester - II
- Organic Chemistry-I (Stereochemistry & reaction
- Inorganic Chemistry-I (Group Theory & Non Aqueous Solvent)
- Physical Chemistry-I (Spectroscopy & Kinetics)
- Mathematical and application of computer in chemistry
- Chemistry Lab-I
- Organic Chemistry-II (Pericyclic Reactions & Organic Reaction Mechanism)
- Inorganic Chemistry-II (Metal Ligand Bonding & Magneto chemistry)
- Physical Chemistry-II (Thermodynamics & Electrochemistry)
- Chemistry of life and environmental Chemistry
- Group Theory & Spectroscopy
- Chemistry Lab-II
Year II Semester - III Semester - IV
- Organic Chemistry-III (Spectroscopy and Photochemistry)
- Inorganic Chemistry-III(Analytical & Nuclear Chemistry)
- Physical Chemistry-III (Statistical & Introductory Quantum Chemistry)
- Inorganic Chemistry (Inorganic Photochemistry & Electronic Spectra of Coordination Compounds)
- Chemistry Lab-III
- Project I
- Organic Chemistry: Organic Chemistry Special Theory (Synthetic Strategy) l Natural Products l Medicinal Chemistry l Polymer Chemistry (PE) l Project II l Chemistry Lab-IV
- Inorganic Chemistry: Inorganic Chemistry Special Theory (Advanced Organometallic) l Inorganic Spectroscopy l Bio-Inorganic & Supramolecular Chemistry l Modern Techniques of chemical analysis (PE) l Project II l Chemistry Lab-IV
- Physical Chemistry: Physical Chemistry Special Theory (Advanced Quantum Chemistry) l Biophysical Chemistry l Chemistry of Macro molecules l Solid State Chemistry (PE) l Project II l Chemistry Lab-IV