About The Program
The program is structured to enable the students to improve their intellectual and laboratory skills. The program emphasizes the development for industrial applications and to pursue academic research.
- Pass in B.Sc. Med/Non Med, with minimum 50% aggregate marks.
- Two years (Four semesters)
- The M.Sc. program covered in four semesters spread over two years. Students are also required to undergo Dissertation / Project in second year. For graduates who wish to specialize in a particular area of science, the University offers Master of Science program in three subjects with specialization in respective fields.
M.Sc in Chemistry
with specialization in Organic, Inorganic and Physical Chemistry
M.Sc in Physics
with specialization in Laser Physics and Semiconductor Electronics.
M.Sc in Mathematics
with specialization in Special functions and Fluid Dynamics.
Final year graduate students awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
M.Sc Chemistry Program Structure Year I Semester - I Semester - II
- Organic Chemistry-I (Stereochemistry & reaction
- Inorganic Chemistry-I (Group Theory & Non Aqueous Solvent)
- Physical Chemistry-I (Spectroscopy & Kinetics)
- Mathematical and application of computer in chemistry
- Chemistry Lab-I
- Organic Chemistry-II (Pericyclic Reactions & Organic Reaction Mechanism)
- Inorganic Chemistry-II (Metal Ligand Bonding & Magneto chemistry)
- Physical Chemistry-II (Thermodynamics & Electrochemistry)
- Chemistry of life and environmental Chemistry
- Group Theory & Spectroscopy
- Chemistry Lab-II
Year II Semester - III Semester - IV
- Organic Chemistry-III (Spectroscopy and Photochemistry)
- Inorganic Chemistry-III(Analytical & Nuclear Chemistry)
- Physical Chemistry-III (Statistical & Introductory Quantum Chemistry)
- Inorganic Chemistry (Inorganic Photochemistry & Electronic Spectra of Coordination Compounds)
- Chemistry Lab-III
- Project I
- Organic Chemistry: Medicinal Chemistry | Synthetic Strategies | Natural Product | Polymer Chemistry \ Chemistry Lab-IV | Project II (Dissertation)
- Inorganic Chemistry: Bio-Inorganic & Supramolecular Chemistry | Advanced Organometallic Chemistry | Inorganic Spectroscopy | Chemistry of molecules | Chemistry Lab-IV | Project II (Dissertation)
- Physical Chemistry: Biophysical Chemistry | Advance Quantum Chemistry | Solid State Chemistry | Chemistry Lab-IV | Statistical Mechanics and molecular stimulation methods
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry Medicinal Chemistry | Drug Discovery | Pharmaceutics Sciences | Project & Dissertation