institute by providing excellent Pharmaceutical education and research to improve healthcare needs of community and technological aspects of industries
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Faulty of Pharmaceutical Sciences is an integral part of ICFAU University, and is situated in the foot hills of Great Himalayas in Baddi, Solan, Himachal Pradesh. Faculty of Pharmaceutical Established by the approval of State Government and Pharmacy Council of India (approval is under process) from academic session 2021-22 onwards.
Vision of Faculty
of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Mission of Faculty
of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- education to students to meet the Pharmaceutical needs of society.
- Maximize a campus culture in which all students can achieve their potential based on morals and principles.
- Impart an advanced, intensive and comprehensive curriculum based on international professional standards that emphasize on professional practice experience.
- Ensure optimum use of well – equipped classrooms, library, laboratories and IT facilities to impart personalized, self-learning and problem-solving instruction delivery.
- Foster a safe environment for the faculty and students that is conducive to research and scholarly activities.
- Maintain a lifelong relationship with alumni through opportunities that promote interaction and involvement with the faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ICFAI University for the benefit of the community.
- Ensure all processes are synergistic, effective and directed towards continuous improvement, by achieving the goals and objectives of the Units of the faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, ICFAI University, and the Mission and Vision of the College as a whole.
A career in the Pharmaceutical Sciences / Pharmacy is full of opportunities. A Pharmacy professional can venture into:
Research & Development
Pharmacy industry is one such industry that thrives on research and development. Highly skilled pharmacy professionals are required for research of new drugs, process development, formulation development, toxicological Studies and clinical trials.
Analysis & Testing
Analysis and testing go hand in hand with this industry specially in order to maintain proper Quality control (QC) and Quality Assurance (QA). Highly skilled pharmacy professionals are required by Pharmaceutical industries to deal with sensitive analytical techniques and sophisticated instrument. Read More
Production & manufacturing
Highly skilled Pharmacy professionals are required for production and manufacturing of Biologics, Parenteral, Pharma, Cosmetics, API, Hormones and Food Industries etc.
There are bodies that control and regulate medicines. FDA is the regulatory body that deals with governing and implementing the rules and regulations for the Drug and Pharmaceutical industry. The opportunities as Drug Inspector (D. I.), Assistant Drug Controller, Deputy Drug Controller, Drug Controller of State and Drug Controller of India D. C. I.) is an option one can aspire for. HOSPITAL PHARMACIST Although it might be a trend of the US or Canada, but it is one that seems to be set in India as well. The pharmacists in the hospitals are the best-informed individuals for prescribing a drug. Mostly in western countries, the diagnosis is made by the Doctors but the pharmacists decide the medicines and their dosage. Therefore, Pharmacy graduates have an important role and can earn attractive remuneration and can occupy strategic positions both in government and private hospitals. Read More
The Pharmaceuticals sales and marketing is considered to be a highly technical arena and hence one of the best when it comes to perks.
Pharmacy graduates can also opt for Teaching Profession and can spread the light of Knowledge.