|Particulars||B.A Humanities Program|
|Last Date for submission of completed Application Form||July 26, 2021|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University, Himachal Pradesh for Interview, submission of certificates and verification by producing originals.||July 26-30, 2021|
|Admission Decision after scrutiny of documents.||July 30, 2021|
|Commencement of Classes||August 02, 2021|
About The Program
The School of Humanities and Social Sciences has the objective to prepare students for multiple careers fields and help them to flourish intellectually. This school offers study program in B.A. Humanities with specific Ability Enhancement Courses (AEC) and Elective Courses to develop the intellect and mental and emotional skills of the students. The school is committed to producing professionals who possess critical thinking skills, knowledge of political, economic, social and cross-cultural forces and events that shape our world. We have created an open environment where students see themselves as active learners and understand how societies function in local and global settings. The mission of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences is to prepare students for lifelong learning and responsible democratic citizenship. Continuous Assessment of students learning and corrective measures are hallmarks of the education experience of the department.
- To create centre of excellence in the fields of Economics, Psychology, Political Science, English and other liberal arts through outcome and value-based education, training & research.
- To develop an academic entity that is at the forefront of research and training in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- To facilitate academic progress of students by encouraging them to actively participate in internship, conferences, seminars, workshops.
- The mission of the School of Humanities and Social Sciences is to develop and maintain academic curriculum and co-curricular activities that help students acquire a broad-based knowledge in their chosen field of study.
- To enable the students should acquire the intellectual, communication skills and develop characteristics that encourage personal fulfilment, meaningful professional life and responsible citizenship.
YEAR 1 FIRST SEMESTER SECOND SEMESTER Course Code Course Name Course Code Course Name BAH 101 English Language – I BAH 201 English Language – II BAH 102 Political Science – I BAH 202 Political Science – II BAH 103 Sociology – I BAH 203 Sociology – II BAH 104 History – I BAH 204 History – II BAH 105 Introduction to Computers BAH 205 Environmental Science Elective – I Elective – II YEAR 2 THIRD SEMESTER FOURTH SEMESTER Course Code Course Name Course Code Course Name BAH 301 English Literature – I BAH 401 English Literature – II BAH 302 Political Thought – I BAH 402 Political Thought – II BAH 303 Sociological Thought – I BAH 403 Sociological Thought – II BAH 304 Modern Indian History BAH 404 Contemporary World History BAH 305 Micro Economics BAH 405 Macro Economics Elective – III Elective – IV YEAR 3 FIFTH SEMESTER SIXTH SEMESTER Course Code Course Name Course Code Course Name BAH 501 Introduction to Philosophy BAH 601 Modern Indian Philosophy BAH 502 International Relations BAH 602 Comparative Constitutions BAH 503 Research Methodology BAH 603 Human Values & Ethics BAH 504 Indian Freedom Struggle BAH 604 Contemporary World History BAH 505 Indian Economy BAH 605 Money, Banking & Public Finance Elective – V Elective – VI
Electives (Any One)
YEAR 1 FIRST SEMESTER SECOND SEMESTER Course Code Course Name Course Code Course Name BAHE 101 Indian Government & Politics BAHE 201 Polity and Society in India BAHE 102 International Politics BAHE 202 Media and Society YEAR 2 THIRD SEMESTER FOURTH SEMESTER Course Code Course Name Course Code Course Name BAHE 301 Gender and Sexuality BAHE 401 Comparative Politics BAHE 302 Gender Sensitisation BAHE 402 Polity and Society in India YEAR 3 FIFTH SEMESTER SIXTH SEMESTER Course Code Course Name Course Code Course Name BAHE 501 UN and Global Conflicts BAHE 601 Kingship, Marriage & Family BAHE 502 International Organisations BAHE 602 Law & Society